FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:53 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Aventine
300/night is a bit much. I wouldn't pay that much but appreciate that some people would for the view, space, etc. The service at PH NY isn't anywhere near the Chatwal or StR.
I would agreed with that assessment. We also saw a regular room, and for one or two adults I think it's all most people would need. It was large by NY standards, and had a great layout. We were traveling with our children, and so there was certainly some added value in having a true suite configuration. For a family or a splurge I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the city view suite for that upgrade charge, but the standard rooms are still really nice.

With regards to the service, I think the one thing that stuck out the most to us was thinking back to how the staff at the St. Regis and Ritz treated our children on prior stays. Both properties offered some coloring books and other kid items at check-in. They also sent up a stuffed animal and some other treats periodically during our stay and at turndown. In general, they just seemed to go out of their way to make our children feel welcome and included and always asked how they were enjoying the hotel. At the Park Hyatt, no one was ever rude and we never felt unwelcome, but they generally just ignored the children. Not the end of the world; it was just something we both noticed and it speaks to the general service level.

I think it's fair to say we loved this property as an award redemption when rates were sky high throughout the city and award nights at other properties were hard to come by, but I'm not sure we would choose the property over the other comparable options at their usual cash prices.