FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is fair compensation for such seriously awful Sheraton experience?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:46 am
WestfieldTraveler

Programs: Mileage Plus Gold
Compensation law of physics

I think there are a couple of decision points when compensation is offered. First, was a request made? The OP indicated she reported the issue both in person and on the survey, but not if any compensation request was made or implied. That the GM offered what was the simplest thing to do with a few clicks to refund the stay is probably adequate based on

Second, how bothered the OP appeared to be in her communications. It she obviously seemed to be bothered by it, I would hope the GM would also somehow offer a VIP experience for the next stay, to at least preserve future business.

Lastly what level of service the the hotel purport to offer? Although not on the level of worst case denied boarding compensation if the hotel has advertised total satisfaction I may have expected more. And local cultural norms on several levels could affect this.

Personally I think the best option would have been a choice of compensation (refund , giftcard, points etc) would be best especially if this was a company card charge where a refund is of no use to the OP and may incur an embarrassing expense report explanation. My reimbursements for daily per diems are reviewed against hotel room night stays reimbursement requests.

Last edited by WestfieldTraveler; Oct 16, 2018 at 7:06 am Reason: Clarity