FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Florence: world class luxury hotel with incredible location and F&B
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:28 am
Noctilux

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC
Why am I always the contrarian; my wife & I loved the St Regis in Rome, we stayed in one of the Designer Suites and it was just lovely. After a bit of a screw up during check in, they got everything sorted and the staff were fabulous from that point onwards, they couldn't do enough for us. It's a bit out of the way, but nevertheless we will be returning.

Now, as to the STR in Florence, once again I beg to differ; I actively dislike it, the lobby looks like a Ralph Lauren store and the rooms are overdone, decor wise. The Excelsior, 20 meters away is, on the other hand, our favourite Starwood hotel in the world, staff are friendly and extremely accommodating, the balcony suites on the 5th floor have the best view in the city and the hotel feels Italian, its neighbour feels like an American's idea of what an Italian grand hotel should be and therefore feels completely inauthentic.

Last edited by Noctilux; Oct 16, 2018 at 5:29 am Reason: grammar