FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX to BKK (in coach): Which sub-$500 RT Chinese cheapie airline is best?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:59 am
RustyC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by glennaa11
sale fares come along all the time. I'd say you might want to keep an eye on the deals forum. Or even the TPG blog as they are always posting cheap fares that pop up. https://thepointsguy.com/deals/ I see there is a recent post that I guess you may have seen. Or set a Google Flights tracker

I'd imagine that flying in the back of the bus won't be fun with any of them. But you can always check seatguru to see how dense the seating is and read reviews of the various airlines.
Have been seeing $400s if very date-flexible, which is much better than four figures out of ATL thanks to less competition...will take a positioning flight but I think I can do on F9 redeeming miles.

Have been sorta assuming that things like seat pitch won't be great but that there aren't any outliers there. Have flown quite a few Asian carriers over the years and they're usually good in the air but much less so on the ground, so things like getting through a connecting hub or any hassles there are of special concern. For Latin America, for example, I don't like connecting in MEX because they make you go all the way through customs and back in, even for just a connecting flight. Stuff like that.