FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:27 pm
misterfuss

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Cool Update to my DL schedule change

Originally Posted by steveholt
If you want to wait to see whether SFO-BOS restarts with D1 service, why would you call immediately? Wait until a few days before and make the change to whichever flight you want. (You could theoretically end up with zero open seats on your given day to fly between JFK and SFO, but that seems very unlikely.)
I waited until this past weekend to rebook my itinerary based on a dramatic DL schedule change since my father's heath had been a bit unstable. Since he has stabilized, I decided I would plan on making the trip as close to originally scheduled as possible. The DL schedule change changed me to a SFO-DTW-BOS outbound flight and a SFO-SLC-SFO return in G class (F class no recline.) I called and got a reservations agent that looked at my reservation and agreed to rebook me to my requested routing of SFO-JFK (D1) -BOS and BOS-JFK-SFO (D1 on the transcon.) He did put me on hold for about 20 minutes though and in the end transferred me to someone that had to "manually validate" the ticket. Honestly I don't know why I spoke to the last representative except that maybe that having that extra layer prevents fraud on the employee's behalf. So, yes I was able to change my SFO-BOS D1 flight to one that connected via JFK to maintain the D1 service instead of the "schedule protection" via a connection without D1 service. Thanks to all for the advice!

FYI,
misterfuss