FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:23 pm
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I had a stay here last month and really liked the property. It was my first stay since qualifying as globalist, and most of what's been posted is still accurate, so I won't rehash everything.

Breakfast is a $50 credit per adult and a $25 credit per child, with a max of 2 adults/2 children. As stated, the credit can be used in the restaurant or room service and you have to watch the number of drinks you order, but in general, it's plenty for a nice breakfast. We went slightly over ($10-30) both days and the extra did not show up on our final folio for either day so YMMV.

With respect to upgrades, all room types (except the base suite) were available online when we checked in, and after some initial posturing regarding availability, the agent mentioned an upgrade to a studio suite. I inquired about a further upgrade to one of the true suites and was getting nowhere until I offered to pay. So I ended up paying $300/night extra for a city-view suite. I was a little disappointed to have to pay extra for what some Globalists reported receiving for free, but the suite was great and I'd pay the $300/night extra for it again.

The hotel's hard product was excellent, and while the service wasn't as polished as the St. Regis, Ritz or Chatwal where I usually stay, it wasn't bad either.