FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:29 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I have had no issues staying in touch with my Ambassador, but I just had my first heads-up about different email domains for a few of my favorite hotel brands. I hadn't heard back from my contacts at the SLS Beverly Hills and even the St Regis San Francisco...and today learned why. Their email domains have changed with the switchover, causing a bit of a mess, understandably.

It isn't luxurycollection.com any longer; it's now theluxurycollection.com.

It isn't stregis.com any longer; it's now stregishotels.com.

Marriott really was foolish for this change IMO. But it is what it is now.

For those who aren't hearing back from those who used to always be responsive, I can virtually assure you that the new email system is part of the reason. That apparently has caused many more people to call, backlogging the phone lines and voicemails for too many people to count.
Changing emails in this way at this time was an asinine decision. It's not even consistent. (Why not luxurycollectionhotels.com? Or thestregis.com?)