FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:55 am
PHLondoner

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I went from 0 interest in Membership Rewards to signing up and being approved for the new PRG. It'll replace my CSR on US dining, but I do have one question for the MR veterans - how liberal is Amex's definition of dining? Does it include bars that don't serve food? The CSR is very liberal with bars and nightclub establishments / concession stands at ballparks. Is Amex the same way?
It's definitely not "liberal" in my experiences. In terms of ballpark - I did not receive bonuses here in Philly at Citizen's Bank Park (authorized as Aramark Citizens Bank Park and coded as "Business Services - Other Services") which is kind of lame. That just might be an Aramark data point, though. I receive 4X at the Starbucks next to my house, but the cafe across the street: zilch. Doesn't Amex have a massive marketing spend around supporting Small Businesses? What's the deal? All the chains code in w/ bonuses, and so many locals don't...

Last edited by mia; Oct 15, 2018 at 11:05 am Reason: formatting