FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - +Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:30 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by dsf
For my trip last week I chose the dates as I would a regular reservation, i.e. 10th arrival, 11th departure - despite my OSL-DOH leg landing at 0100 on the 11th. Had no problems, my hotel booking was exactly as requested (including 4pm checkout).
As noted upthread in more than one post, the post-booking review is manual and spotty. Sometimes a booking that does not exactly match the flight arrival is fine, but other times it will be cancelled some days after being made. Once cancelled, you are in a Catch-22 because bookings cannot be changed so you can't fix it, and the e-ticket you used to make the booking is marked as used and can't be used for a new booking. It is possible to resolve the situation by writing to a special desk at Qatar and asking them to create a special e-ticket that can be used for a new booking, but it is a lot of hassle, all of which can be avoided if you simply create the booking per the explicit instructions on the Qatar+ web site and as repeatedly mentioned in this thread: to exactly match your flight arrival. It's your choice to ignore the explicit instructions and the advice and experience reported here. Doing so may be perfectly fine and everything may go well, but there is risk for zero benefit.