FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's official... Apple outgrew me. New iPad Pro discussion.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:55 am
z28lt1

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
I cant help the OP, but I do agree. I'm pretty progressive in my technology adaption and don't normally blink at changes. But you can often judge a change by how people react (over time, ignore the initial reactions). Even in this thread, the answer to dropping the headphone jack (and it's not just Apple that is dropping it) is usually to use an adapter that, for all practical purposes does exactly what the headphone jack did. So now, you need to carry around (and not lose or have break) another piece just to add back in functionality that was removed. That's just stupid.

I'm an airpod user for calls and such, so normally I'm great with wireless -- but when I'm on a plane, I want to plug in my favorite noise canceling headphones, and have to hope I remembered to pack the dongle adapter if I want to use my iphone. Fortunately, for work reasons I end up with multiple phones and at least 1 tablet with me, so I have other options for for travel.