FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Florence: world class luxury hotel with incredible location and F&B
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:48 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
Think about a (new) Rome trip but tend to other hotels. Stayed at StR Rome in 2009 and was over all satisfied (not amazed) but wonna try something else.In General I think prices in Rome are rarely justified.
Yeah, the recent renovation of public spaces and the great service standard (magnified for me due to my Ambassador status) makes the StR Rome my favorite hotel by far in the city among those that we checked out.

We checked out and dined at the Eden and checked out the Hassler and the de Russie. The WA Cavalieri was too far outside town for our tastes. We still preferred the StR. The proximity to the Spanish Steps was inconsequential for us, as we found those to be laughably dumb as a sight and actually a surprisingly nice walk for us from the StR.

We didn’t even get to enjoy the benefit of the now completed renovated rooms and suites at the StR Rome, but we still really liked our junior suite there even if we obviously look forward to the renovated version (and of its bathroom).