FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold member personal greeting
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:59 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by paulieuk
Not had a GCH greeting on a shorthaul Y flight for a while, but they've usually been busy services.

Flying back from MAD to LHR on Saturday night, the load was very light - including just four pax in J - so I thought the iPad might be consulted before a quick look-in with me and the OH, also a GCH, as we made for an easy two-for-one. But no.

At one point I took my empty can and newspaper to the rear galley (where all the crew members had gathered) on my way to the toilet and was basically reprimanded firstly for not handing them over when she'd collected rubbish earlier (perhaps not considering that I hadn't finished with them at that stage) and secondly for not just stuffing them in the seat back pocket for the cleaners at LHR to deal with. Spoke volumes that she didn't just chose to say, "thank you" and take them off me.
Had an equally uninspiring BCN-LHR on Thursday. Was in Row 1 CE so could hear the galley quite clearly. Despite it being a chocka-full flight, with a significant ATC delay due to weather at LHR the CSM and her flight crew spent the whole time pre-flight chatting - didn't come and see the CE cabin at all, even though we had been in our seats for 40 minutes before the plane left the stand.

Once we finally got going, it took an age for any catering to appear, with the lady behind me getting her vegetarian option and generally being treated as if she were the Queen (maybe she was?!), and the rest of the CE cabin getting Sir or Madam alongside a spectacularly lacklustre service.

For a full flight, even in CE, I understand that the crew need to spend all their time getting the service completed, but with 40 mins before departure and then maybe another 40 minutes before landing in this case, they just chatted to each other as if there were no passengers at all on the plane. It just felt incredibly lazy and lacking in any customer service at all.