FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family and Friends user error by me - trying to understand it
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:43 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Thomathy
This works better than the 'Travel Companions' list, because the 'Travel Companions' list doesn't link to the person's BAEC account. I like it being linked together because I can book for a family member and the ticket just pops up in their BAEC account without my having to have the details to hand every time.
The Travel Companions list does the same thing. I do not have a Household Account nor do I have a Family and Friends List, but there are a number of people on my Travel Companions list for whom I can book, and whose frequent flyer numbers (not all of them BAEC numbers, either) will automatically populate when I book.

Those on my Travel Companions list have been automatically added when I have booked for them. However, looking at ba.com now I can see that the option for adding people directly to the list includes inserting their frequent flyer number. So I don't understand the difficulty with entries on that list not "linking" to the passenger's BAEC account.

The big problem with using the Family and Friends List is that it can only be changed at infrequent intervals, as you have found - so it is not something to use or tinker with lightly, and it is not suitable for being used in the way that you have been using it.
Originally Posted by Thomathy
Or what the intended use of the list is, if it is not in fact to save personal details for speedier bookings?
As hypercrypt says, the primary intended use of the list is to allow those in household accounts to book for a limited and inflexible list of additional people who are not in the household account, as well as for partner card nominations.