FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:03 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Reading at this thread and I can see that this transition is just a big mess. Unbelievable.
Personally, I used to be MR Gold (from SPG Gold) before August 18th. I was told by email in June that I would be enjoying platinum benefits until the end of 2018. It appears that was a "mistake" (according to the CSR) but never received any correction email. Anyway, reading this thread last week, I decided to apply yesterday to the platinum challenge, as I have a 7 night award stay booked plus a couple of other paid nights. Called Marriott yesterday early morning, got an agent immediately. He was not very knowledgeable on that particular topic but managed to get the information. He registered me, and told me the challenge would be valid until the end of Jan 2019, but I cannot see anything under my promotions tab. I also asked him if award stays wee counting for this challenge and he replied to me yes, as long as the nights get credited to the account. I usually record all the calls on my mobile, but not this time as I was calling from skype. Am I supposed to see this promotion appearing under my profile? This is just a mess.