FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond ...
Thread: Diamond ...
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:04 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by flyerfly
Just curious, what other programs do you guys bank your miles with after attaining the status? I have BR CD and Thai ROP Gold - will give up ROP when it expires in 2020. Will need an alternate Star Alliance program then.
I credit to OZ primarily to gain lounge access when flying UA domestically, as OZ is by far the easiest to gain *G (and in fact, they just made it even easier to requalify). The one negative of OZ is there is no English-language website to book award tickets online, and while it is a fairly simple matter to translate the Korean website, I always get errors on the final payment confirmation step so have to call into OZ anyway. This problem is somewhat ameliorated by the Asiana Club phone center having competent phone agents IME.

After status, I would prioritize FFP based on 1) value of miles (meaning both earn and redemption rates, specific to my travel patterns), 2) ease of redeeming miles (incl. options that give a redemption floor like anytime awards, as well as transfer-in option to avoid orphaning miles), 3) threat of devaluations, and a very distant 4) lifetime status.