FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:50 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by rduflyer18
I am currently Premier Gold with 73K PQM and about 7300 PQD. In the next 2.5 months I will get to way more than the 75K PQM required, but not sure if I will get over 9000 PQD. I am taking a long haul Air Canada flight that I had to book using AC ticket, and so it won't give me any PQD.
So let's say if I end up at 90K PQM and 8000 PQD, What's my best way to get to Premier Platinum - from what I have understood so far, it could be one of:
1. Wait until January to see United will make me an offer
2. Buy/upgrade to first class tickets for any upcoming United trip, so it will count towards PQD and possibly take me close
3. Do mileage runs
I am trying to figure out which is the least costly option for me. Are there any other options? I travel mostly domestic (coast to coast), with a couple of international flights each year. Not sure spending any significant money is worth to go from Gold to Platinum.
Regards
Personally, I would stay as Gold. Incremental benefits for Plat are meager at best.

With Gold moving to BG1, I am not going out of my way to renew Plat. That was the last straw.

i will finish the year with UA about $7K PQD and 120K PQM. Since most flights come from my own pocket, not
wasting more $ to UA.

​​​​​​