FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:31 am
flying_blue_white_red

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
[QUOTE=delanotre;30314336]
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Hi guys......Should I go for it then even if €570 fee remains rather steep/QUOTE]

50k miles for 570€ is a very good mileage run !
Think that you earn only 32k miles on AF LHR-SIN in First class and only if you are Platinum..( 2018 april fool )
Thanks for your reply Delanotre, glad to get an other point of view!
Since the many FB April fools, I thought and told the agent that award miles are (almost) worthless, but he enumerated the long list of destinations that could be reached o/w or r/t with this bunch of miles, not bad!

The nice agent spent a lot of time to explain the insurance benefits and more, and kept saying that if I was not happy with it, after 4 months it would be easy to get back to Gold or Silver, without losing the 50k miles and XPs (but with a pro-rata refund), whilst the website and paper contract clearly mention a compulsory period of 6 months. This card might be good for me - not sure yet (thus the question here), but T&Cs are always important.

So who is right (about the bonus and the time frame)? Generally, is there any trick behind that because the agent was unable to send an email with that deal and all the conditions. It would be great to think about it peacefully over the week end as agent should call back next Wednesday!