FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your personal food rules.....
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:11 pm
teddybear99

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by noodlenoggin
There is a proper order of condiments/ingredients on a sandwich or burger. It is, from top to bottom:
  • Bun top
  • mayonnaise
  • tomato
  • any other vegetables
  • lettuce
  • cheese
  • meat
  • pickles
  • ketchup
  • mustard
  • bun heel
In this way, the mayo and tomato combine to a runny deliciousness, which is protected by the lettuce. Same lettuce protects the cheese from being soggied by the deliciousness. The meat is then central AND able to melt the cheese if it's a hot sandwich, and below the meat, the tangy ingredients combine into a ketchup/mustard/pickle tang-tastic mess. And the deliciousness is separated from the tang-tastic mess by the meat. This is sandwich/burger perfection, people.
I don't like mustard, onions, nor pickles on a burger. I prefer to eat a pickle spear on the side. Also I prefer my burger top to bottom like this:

Standard Toppings
Crown
Mayo
Ketchup
Lettuce
Tomato
Meat
Heel

I would only put cheese (American) on it if it also has Bacon which both would be between the tomato and meat.

However, my favorite burger is a Grilled Mushroom/Swiss burger with a lot of mushrooms and double slice of swiss cheese on top of and under the meat.

BTW, it has to be
Rare with the juices flowing out of it. I know the possibility of getting sick, but in my 50+ years, it has only happened once about 20 years ago, and I was all better after 12 hours and taking some Pepto to move me along.