FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:29 am
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by xooz
Thanks... I believed the Amex Plat credit for Uber is for the Primary Cardholder only, as is the Airline credit. If the dining credit actually can apply to charges from an AU such as my son, this would be different from current credits I get on the Plat. Or maybe I have misunderstood the Amex Plat credit scenario all this time. And I am talking about only the $10/mo credit, not the 4X point allocation.
The Uber credit is different because the amount is credited up front each month directly to the Uber account, as opposed to being credited by AMEX post-purchase. (This can be beneficial because then the Plat doesn't have to be used for payment.)

The airline incidentals credit works the same way as the dining credit, as per the Plat T&Cs:
Incidental air travel fees charged by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits.
Note that benefits like the GE credit work the same way, meaning that the $175 AU fee is greatly reduced if you have multiple AUs with different calendar year GE renewals.