FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Woman says Air Canada unfairly kicked her off plane
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:19 am
YEG_SE4Life

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yulred

We know they issued her a letter with claims that the police did not find to be plausible. They blamed the passenger, not the FA, in fairly clear language. That appears to have been the initial "internal" response anyway.

That said, is it unreasonable to suggest that a company led by a CEO who stated that cheap passengers need to be "educated" on why they're being served up FR-esque products at mainline prices, doesn't really give much thought to FA service attitudes in Y? Huge diversion bill notwithstanding?

I have had great AC crews, and not so good ones in Y. Their attitude seems to be a reflection of their own personal values, or else it would be a lot more uniform.

I have no doubt that if this happened in J, each and every AC FA would have taken the garbage and resolved the issue. Would each and everyone do the same thing in Y? This incident notwithstanding, I am not convinced they all would. Some definitely would. Others would not.
Well, to answer your question, I have never had an FA on a turboprop (no J available) refuse to take garbage. A couple of points do come to mind, though:
1) We saw a specific excerpt from a letter. We don't know what the rest of the letter said. That is, of course, unless I missed something.
2) I have never attempted to throw garbage onto a food cart. If there was a container on top, it was probably the ice container.
3) Jazz has gone through a major FA hiring spree. I had an FA a couple of weeks ago, who didn't represent her brand very well. I suspect that Jazz has made some hiring errors, and it will take some time to correct the errors.