Old Oct 13, 18, 8:45 am
CurbedEnthusiasm

ATH-LHR
10/10/18
Band 4

Three mains were on offer, though the chilled chicken salad that was on the menu was substituted with a carrot and bulgur salad for reasons that baffled the cabin crew. I had the prawns in marinara sauce, which were decent but nothing to write home about. The spinach was overly salted and three small sized prawns for a long Band 4 meal was a meager portion. Fortunately for me, many passengers declined the meal, so the purser happily brought me a second serving after she served al the rows. My partner had the pasta with artichokes and tomatoes and enjoyed it. The bread was warm and very tasty, but the starter of hummus with crudités looked like it was from the lunch case at a Tesco Express. Remember a month ago when Band 4 flights had starters like smoked salmon or beet salads? The cheese with onion chutney was great and the little pot of chocolate mousse was nice. Overall this was a decent meal but the downgrade from the old Band 4 service is so evident. The cabin crew was absolutely superb.

Drinks service and menu

Prawns in marinara

Rigatoni with artichokes and tomatoes