Old Oct 13, 18, 3:46 am
fivenue

Angry VERY Poor Treatment at Wyndham Property - re: late check-out request

Last week I got my Diamond level status at Wyndham, from status match with my SPG/Marriott.
Earlier this week, I was traveling around west coast area, from North Cal to South Cal, and planned to Vegas/Arizona after.
Somewhere, I stayed at one of Wyndham's properties, a franchise run business.
Checked-in in the evening, and asked for a late check out. Regular check out time is 11am, and was requesting around 12.30pm check out.
The evening front associate could not confirmed my request, and told me that the manager would call that evening. The next day, literally 10 minutes before 11am, got a call of [moderator edit] very rude manager, told that he could only give 30 minute for me and family to leave the property.

I was furious, and even mentioning of the status, resulting in his response of "I don't care. you need to leave".
So, I called the diamond line, and was forwarded to supposedly customer care escalation. Only to be stunned by her response "it is up to the property, regardless of the status".
Even telling her the fact that I had waited all night for the call to confirm, this "customer care rep" told me that I couldn't expect manager to call in the evening.

I am not sure which idiot I am more upset, the front manager at the property, or the customer service. If anyone know Wyndham management contact, I'd be appreciated.
Never in my traveling life I experience anything worse than this. Even when I had no status, Hilton and Hyatt extended a courtesy for late check out at least 1 hour, so does La Quinta (before it joined Wyndham, not sure now).

For now, no more Wyndham property

ps: should have used yelp or other online reviews to check prior. turn out the property is rated very poorly in all. oh well, my mistake

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 2, 18 at 6:05 am Reason: Rule 16