FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Risk of missing first leg - options?
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:27 am
SRG

Programs: KM Flypass, Qatar, Emirates
Risk of missing first leg - options?

I'm flying from Tunis (TUN) to Buenos Aires (EZE) on Wednesday with Qatar.

My positioning light into TUN from Malta (MLA) arrives 2 hours and 20 minutes before, and looking on Flightradar24 it has a checkered history of reliability (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ug1301) - it is either on time, or substantially late.

We've flown through Tunis before so if on time, all is good. My question is, if I know in Malta I'm not going to make the QR1400 (because the TG1301 is delayed by 4 hours or something) I could get myself to DOH via FCO or something, in time for my flight to EZE the next day (QR773 leaves at 07:20).

Is it possible for Qatar to NOT cancel the other 3 legs of my trip, if I miss the first leg (the QR1400)? I fully accept I'll need to pay the difference to route myself to Doha through Rome or equivalent, but what I'm trying to avoid is losing the other 3 legs of the trip by missing the first leg. My question is really, do I need to call them from the airport in Malta, or in advance?

I'm also wondering whether checking in online from Malta is a good or bad thing.

The fare basis is ILR0O1RX, if that helps. It was a great fare, hence why I routed through Tunis. I'm burgundy tier, if it makes a difference (the first leg would move me to Silver!).

I'm going to speak to Qatar customer service, but I wanted to ask here in case anyone had any experiences to share, and it will be helpful for anyone searching in the future