FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange check-in experience; United’s take on it
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:55 pm
phkc070408

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Micp3208
I debated saying something in person because the airport was empty and I didn’t want to stand out.
While we all know the general consensus, I took notice to this statement. Many law enforcement companies are starting to set up a text message notification system. Here in Delaware, they specifically used an example of a house being broken into at night with the residents sleeping and the residents being able to quietly text 911 without the intruder hearing it. I know that Amtrak Police and I believe NJ Transit Police have a texting line. Do airports or the TSA have such a system?

I may be in the minority here, but I feel that contacting ANY employee who works at the airport to be sufficient, and that includes airline customer service employees. While they are not security themselves, I would certainly hope that they are trained on how to handle a potential threat and who to contact. I work in public transportation (behind the scene) and while I am not security to police, if someone were to see my ID and come to me with a concern, I am definitely trained on some of the basics and know where to find security and police.

As for urgent notifications via social media, my issue is you don't know if they are continuously monitored.