FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:25 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just as another data point, I am unable to find open jaw itineraries for trips to Moscow. While Air France are offering EUR443 from MXP to SVO and EUR427 from BSL to SVO in Business, if you try and create an open jaw, say leaving from MXP and coming back to BSL or GVA, the price goes up to EUR2,740 or similar. So from reasonable prices (for the distances involved) to stupid prices. Shame, for I would find it really handy not having to come back to Malpensa at the end of the trip. As for the EUR145-186 Economy fares, I really don't want to arrive at 1 or 2 in the morning, suffer through immigration and be dog tired, needing the next 6 days of my visit there to recuperate. Some of the EUR182-186 Economy fares are with Alitalia through Rome, yielding even less TPs (these domestic flights are really to be avoided these days). I don't fancy Alitalia, because I suspect the long sector from Rome to Moscow will be a starvation flight, whereas Aeroflot offer proper catering in Economy with hot meals.