FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:28 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I requested mine the night of 10/3 and got a 10/13 expected arrival date confirmation email. I did eventually get a card shipped email on 10/9, it says it shipped via USPS. I guess we'll see if the 10/13 ETA holds up.
UPDATE: Metal card (regular gold) arrived today in a standard envelope, it also arrived with a reply envelope to mail back a metal card for disposal, which is unnecessary in this situation but I do appreciate it. I'll hold on to the envelope for future use. I'm not exactly sure where this card was mailed from, it wasn't in the usual plain white envelope with a return address in Nebraska like the last few Amex cards I've gotten. If I didn't know what it was, I'd have thought it was one of Amex's personal loan ads that I get every other week.

Interestingly, in addition to the security code being different, the expiration month/year is also different, which seems like it might cause some problems for some people. My expiration year went from 22 to 23 and obviously the expiration month is now October, which I assume it will be for everyone else now. For those of you with existing PRG accounts requesting the metal card, make sure you double check your new card's expiration date.