FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SW Companion Program...
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:51 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Worth it? Yes, 100% yes, given that you're talking about the credit card signup route.

Only question to ask yourself is timing. When I got CP's in the past, I tried to time them ahead of a year when I knew I'd have a lot of U.S. domestic travel. I've gone both the credit card and hotel point route. Now the hotel point route has been closed, and credit card signup bonuses are throttled over time. (e.g., You can't unlimited-churn new bonuses every two years.)

In other words, if you've never had Chase WN cards, then yes you should totally do it. The only question is: if you get the points to land in January 2019, are you ready to make 2019 and 2020 pretty heavy travel years in Southwest's (rather limited) route map?

My current CP expires Dec 2018, and my 2019 personal plans are already mostly booked for Europe and Asia. It won't be a big U.S. travel year for me. 2020 might be more, so I may make a run at a CP then. I held the Chase WN Visa many years ago but have not churned Chase products in a long time. I'd have to research what I'm eligible for now.