FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conflicts between your iPhone and the ship's wifi:
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:10 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jonsail
Also, Seabourn insists that Cellular at Sea is entirely an offering of the cell phone company and not of the ship. I am a Verizon customer and I found Cellular at Sea offered when out of reach of normal phone service on a Canadian maritime cruise but not a Med cruise.
I think Seabourn is being technical with you in the sense that they don’t directly provide cellular services. You will not see a charge on your onboard account for any cell phone calls. Those charges will be on your regular cell phone bill. Any problems you have, be it billing or whatever, with using celllular service at sea neither the ship or the cruise line is involved. That said cellular providers don’t sneak on ships and install their equipment. They have some agreement or contract with the cruise line and again they pay for that. Having not cruised with Seabourn in the Med I can’t address why there was no service but we have had service on Silversea throughout our Med cruises.