FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt As Alternative To SPG Platinum After Bungled Program Merger?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:00 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I too have been looking more at Hyatt since encountering numerous problems with the program merger. The complete lack in Customer Service and transparency from MR has been the biggest issue for me and since I feel they are in denial about the issues I don't know how quickly those things are going to improve in the next couple of months.

I left Hyatt when they implemented WOH due to the smaller footprint making it difficult to qualify for top tier status and because I was pretty loyal to SPG. Right now Hyatt top tier status would still be a stretch for me but with the addition of the SLH portfolio it might become more attractive very quickly. Add to that some properties that fall under the Two Roads Hospitality acquisition and it might change the landscape for me in 2019.

As an aside, I personally do NOT get the constant focus on BRG by some people! Yes, I want the cheapest deal but some people seem to live on BRG claims!