FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:44 pm
gnomey

Originally Posted by ricktassie
This is a GREAT datapoint. If my understanding is correct, this also means that you will need to wait 65 days since your 'double dip' (the personal+biz one you did on day -40) for you to be considered for your next Citi card (Any).

Which if true, effectively rules out the possibility of doing the 2/65 on the personal cards and 1/95 on the EIN based business cards on parallel tracks. right?

Also in this case why would anyone go for the business card over the personal one?

What am I missing here?

I think what some posters here are saying is that it is OK to submit a 3rd app (and as a result, become 3/65), if your 3rd app is a business card. It is NOT ok if the 3rd app is a personal card.

However, since my most recent 2 apps in past 65 days are personal + business, respectively, if I had applied for a business card as a 3rd app, that would violate the 1/90 rule

But if my most recent 2 apps in past 65 days are actually personal 1 + personal 2, then it might have worked out well and to my favor if I submitted a 3rd app as EIN-based business app. This is my speculation.

Having said that, I am not entirely convinced yet that the speculation I stated above is 100% guaranteed against a MAC denial. i dont have personal DP to support this, and perhaps DPs available out there is still mixed results?

[SIDE QUESTION - has anyone ever get a MAC denial for a business app? seems like i always read abt MAC denial in conjunction with personal app, and not with business app]