FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange check-in experience; United’s take on it
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:38 pm
Collierkr

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by Micp3208
I acknowledged that I should have handled it differently, to the agent and to all of you. I was surprised though, at how well United responded, and then sort of turned the tables saying that I went about it the wrong way.

I had removed myself from the immediate perceived threat, I was basically reporting it as an unusual occurrence because the guy was quite strange.

When it was over, I knew I had failed to do the most prudent thing, but at least I did something, was how I justified it to myself.

For those who strongly believe Tweeting a message isn’t right, do you think all of the crime stopper text tips and social media reporting mechanisms are useless?
YES those crime stopper tips are AFTER a crime has been committed. They do nothing in preventing it.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 10, 2018 at 5:41 pm Reason: Per Moderator note