FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Florence: world class luxury hotel with incredible location and F&B
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:22 pm
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Using the Bentley for 8 hrs was 3500 euros, I think...though I didn’t investigate more once I saw that price.

Our 3 out of town excursions were 1000 euros each (using Mercedes van):

(1) Day trip with car and driver to Pisa and Lucca, with guides in both Pisa and Lucca.
(2) Day trip with car and driver (and guide, owner of tour company) to Chianti wineries
(3) Day trip with car and driver (and guide, owner of tour company) to Chianti wineries and Siena, ending at La Bandita Townhouse in Pienza for our next hotel stay

We also had a 400 euro private walking tour of the major sights of Florence in town.
OK. Regarding this we are very differnt, I would never pay such prices. I stayed 1 night near Pisa and Lucca so no excursion and did a 1 day trip to Siena, San Gimignano and Volterra. As I drive myself I only took a rental car.

Do also Walking tours by myself, and think 400 € even for one whole day is a little much.
Btw: How long was it? The Major sights in one walking tour seems to be "sportive".

But of course, thatīs only my opinion and I know many people enjoy such tours.