FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:41 pm
Lefly

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It's surely busy, but still on the quiet side... if you aren't so unlucky to find loud talkers sitting near to you.
QR lounge is better for night layovers, as it has two dedicated quiet/rest area, but if someone doesn't want to pay 200+ eur for 6/7 hours in the airside hotel, the TK lounge is still manageable. IMO & IME, of course

Originally Posted by Jaenks
I would not even consider to stay in the lounge during the night when you have an option for a free hotel with transfer unless you do not want to get to EZE timezone. EZE(GRU) flight to IST arrived approx.same time 22:45 and my connecting flight was 8:45, so I have chosen hotel every time and will do that on my next connection in IST. As you are Star Alliance Gold(you did not wrote your flight class) you do have a separate immigration line and when returning, a separate entrance to terminal,passport control and security line. It is really fast usually.
The hotels near IST airport are usually so cheap (comparing to other airport hotels around the world) that the last time I didn't even bother with the free hotel. Also because I like to plan in advance and with TK the hotel is sorted on the spot, once arrived landside. I agree that the separate security & passport control are very convenient in the morning, when you come back from the hotel.