FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:39 pm
Jaenks

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by headingwest
Is it still possible to use the lounge overnight? Or do they turf people out at 1 am?

I'm thinking of booking a cheap trip to EZE and the short-haul flight from VIE gets into IST at 23:25 with the onward long-haul departing at 09:40 the following morning. Would I be able to get into the lounge (considering the boarding pass would be for a flight the next day), and if so is it possible to stay there?

The free hotel is another option, but I'm not sure I want to clear immigration, plus all the fuss of travelling to the hotel....would be much simpler to just stay in the lounge.
I would not even consider to stay in the lounge during the night when you have an option for a free hotel with transfer unless you do not want to get to EZE timezone. EZE(GRU) flight to IST arrived approx.same time 22:45 and my connecting flight was 8:45, so I have chosen hotel every time and will do that on my next connection in IST. As you are Star Alliance Gold(you did not wrote your flight class) you do have a separate immigration line and when returning, a separate entrance to terminal,passport control and security line. It is really fast usually.