FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - seat saving
Thread: seat saving
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:01 am
Proudelitist
Suspended

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
The fact of the matter is that seat saving rarely affects anyone. In all of my flights I have never seen a confrontation. I am often asked courteously if someone is sitting in the middle seat next to me. A few people seem to want to make it into a bigger issue than it is.
Depends on the nature of seat saving...there is saving a middle in some back row. No biggie really...unless you are a C holder with a companion who is but who cares about them? Then there is saving the infinite legroom seat , or an exit row seat, or a first row bulkhead seat, or multiple seats. The worst I observed was a guy trying to hold an entire exit row. Point is, not all seat saving is equal and by $ and right, BS and A list people should really get first shot at the primo seats. Even if you are a mid level B, you could be losing out on the last window or aisle because of a saver, when by virtue of having a better BP than the person they are waiting for, you end up in the middle.

Seat saving corrodes boarding order value. What good is having A40 when C20 is going to snap up a seat before you using their companion with A29 as a proxy?