FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schedule after 04/30/2019
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:53 am
tphuang

Originally Posted by beyondhere
Some of these cuts are likely a result of too much low fare pressure from Spirit. Likely impacted are MCO-BWI and FLL-BWI/DTW/PIT. I wonder if NK would throw a wrench and add FLL-PHX and time it similarly (likely a red-eye eastbound). On the other hand, B6 is increasing at BDL, which just got Spirit although BDL is likely a market it's performing well.

B6 is still keeping CLE-FLL, and in my market, PHL-FLL (which has low fare pressure). For a DTW based customer, one might be able to still make it work if one can drive down to CLE the night before and stay at an airport hotel, and fly on CLE-FLL morning flight to connect at FLL.
the markets they cut are all ones where they are doing poorly in. DTW-FLL because they get squeezed from the top and the bottom and they have the worst frequency. BWI-FLL because WN is too strong there. And PIT-FLL is just a smaller market that probably can't handle 3 carriers. Their yields on CLE and PHL are higher.

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
This is not good news for folks who live in the DC area or who travel there via plane. I hope they reconsider IAD at some point in the near future or at least add some more frequency to DCA. People who live in NYC basically can't fly JetBlue to DC and vice versa. Not everyone wants to take Amtrak. I have a number of crewmember friends whom I've been communicating with today and they were all stunned about IAD going away. A couple of them regularly worked those flights.
it's unfortunate, but the numbers are just not there.

Originally Posted by N830MH
Wow! PHX-FLL. Finally!

I dont think I can be on the inaugural flight. The ticket price is $476 RT. This is outrageous! There’s no special price. That’s real stupid!
I'm sure that will come down a lot once we get a little closer.