FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:45 am
vm81

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

Fair point. Ultimately I value CSR UR more and I get 4th night free with Citi. Not going to bother with $60 off Marriott when I have to fight for it and get only 1 MR/$ spent there.

My main complaint was more that the value of the rebate is far reduced when you must spend an hour on chat and then follow up twice to get the credit or points.
I couldnt agree more with you. Its been a pain to deal with AmEx. While I havent had any issue with AmEx offers in sometime - I made a mistake of upgrading one of my cards in May and am still waiting for upgrade points to post. Repeated calls to AmEx lead me no where. "We are not sure why you havent gotten the points, we see the offers and you met all the terms. Let me escalate and will get back to you in 7 days." This has been going on for 2 months. I dont even value those upgrade points anywhere close to the time I have spent on this - but its just the matter that this was the part of the deal with them - upgrade and spend so much money and you will get the points. I did that but now AmEx is not living upto their side of the deal. And there was no MS on that card.