FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:54 am
Maze13

Programs: BA Bronze, AVIS Preferred Plus
Hello Frequent-Flyers and others :-)

Unfortunately my last business flight this year was cancled, leaving me 125TPs short of Silver and my Collection Year ends 05.11.

I am based in HAJ (but can do HAM too) and was planing to position to LHR in the morning (5TPs economy with part pay avios) and then do sth like:

This woud leave me with 125TPs, exactly what I need and I would use a few more Avios for LHR>HAJ. Now this leaves me with a couple questions you guys might be able to help me with.

1.) First of all, any better ideas?

2.) Changing from LHR to LGW is not fun I have heard but 12 hrs should be more than doable on the first leg but on the way back it leaves me with an overnight stay in LON. Any suggestions for a good and cheap hotel, if the latter is actually possible in London?

3.) The way I d like to book I have to stay at MAD over night but I have read that the Lounge is open 24hrs and they have areas for a short nap. Does anyone have experiences with it?

4.) I tried to route back from BCN via MAD to HAM, but this will almost double the price. Any ideas on this part, as it would save me an extra flight, the corresponding avios and give me still enough TPs?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you all in advance. I've read a lot in this forum and now I am simply trying to make it to silver for the first time.

Regards, Maze