FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:58 pm
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by bknets88
roll away has nothing to do with globalist. If you weren't charged it's because the hotel doesn't charge, not because you were a globalist
Before I was a globalist, I was charged every single time for a rollaway (5/5 properties, I think).
Since I've become a globalist, I have been charged 0 out of 4times for a rollaway (at Hyatts that advertise a 25$ a night charge or so). Anecdotal? Yes, but put together anecdotes and you have data. It isn't a published benefit, but it seems properties don't typically charge Globalists the stated fee. It doesn't surprise me that NY PH would still charge. I love the hardware of the hotel and for the most part the service (when I was there); enjoyed cocktails when I was there as well (which were a little expensive, but not unreasonably so like that rollaway charge or the breakfast menu). But these kind of prickly things are a drawback.

At least it seems from this data point that the breakfast is given -a little- breathing room now.