FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:15 am
notacriminalyo

Thank You All

I would like to say thank you for all those who shared their stories on this forum. Like most, I filled out my application and searched the web later for answers to find that I could have gotten myself into a worst situation. I got into some trouble back in the day which was not put on my record if I stayed lawful. Therefore I decided to answer NO. But, there is court information of the arrest and conviction. I realized I was playing with fire since I was "lying". It brought back memories and nightmares of the incident so I decided to not do my GE at all. 8 months later, my wife pushed me to do it since she was scheduling hers and said we can go in together. I decided to just go for it and bring the things I've learned from this forum over to the interview. I dressed well, looked clean, and printed out my court record. I was straight up and honest with the interviewer when he asked if there was anything I needed to tell him. At first he was going through and said things look good, but i knew right when he caught my court record and compared it to my application answer, his eyes lit up. So I told him I did have an incident over 15 years ago which was a misdemeanor that isn't on record and handed over my court records (even though he probably saw it on his screen). He told me that the offense was nothing to worry AND since it was over 7 years ago plus it was good that I was honest and came forward about it. After that he started talking to me how the GE works, and that's when I knew I was approved.

I'm sure results would have varied, since I got a fellow who have been in the force for some time and really cared for his job.

Thanks all!

Last edited by notacriminalyo; Oct 9, 2018 at 11:21 am