FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Autoslash (General Discussion)
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:01 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by beirut
I get this thing happen to me already a few times recently. I submit request. I get the quotes from autoslash. Click the priceline link as soon as I receive your quotes and prices are different. Like this one for example.
I suppose it's just some caching issue?
We couldn't view the image, so not exactly sure what you're referring to, but it's definitely not a "caching" issue. We'd encourage you to click the orange "Need Help?" button on the offers page if you're not seeing the price we're quoting. We have a very experienced staff and they can, in most cases, resolve the issue for you.

There is one small nuance with off-airport rentals that is a bit frustrating that folks here should be aware of. When we go out and retrieve prices for off-airport locations, sometimes the locations that are returned to us may be slightly different than what you see when you see when you run the search at Priceline. It's not a big deal when all of the locations for a particular company have similar prices, but occasionally, there might be a location a bit farther away, that has a lower price, and that may not be shown, hence the rate you're seeing isn't matching our quote. Here's how to check for that:

When you do a search on Priceline, it tries to return a reasonable number of locations close to the desired pickup area you are requesting. Generally, they do a pretty good job of deciding how far out to search, but you can override the search area parameter by adding the "radius" parameter in the Priceline search url. For example, here's a search for Orlando, FL that returns 970 different results:

https://www.priceline.com/drive/search/Orlando,+FL/Orlando,+FL/20190508-10:00/20190515-10:00/list?locationType=Non-Airport&listSortBy=TOTAL_PRICE

Here's the same search adding "&radius=25" to the end of the search url:

https://www.priceline.com/drive/search/Orlando,+FL/Orlando,+FL/20190508-10:00/20190515-10:00/list?locationType=Non-Airport&listSortBy=TOTAL_PRICE&radius=25

You'll see that this one returns around 1,708 results, almost double the number of the previous search. You'll also see that the second search returns some lower-priced options that are further away from Orlando.

The reason we're mentioning it here is that when a price doesn't match our quoted rate for an off-airport rental, this is typically the first thing someone from our team does to troubleshoot. It's a pretty easy thing to check, so we figured it was worth mentioning here in case it helps someone.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Oct 9, 2018 at 11:22 am