FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton San Jose [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:20 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I've only stayed here once, for one weekend night, but my impression was quite different from that of others.

Basic? In need of renovation? Huh??? Well, must be another case of some rooms have been renovated, others have not.

As a Gold (at the time), I was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite, with a wonderful balcony overlooking the courtyard/pool. It had a fridge and micowave IIRC. Only thing I didn't like about the suite was the minuscule table in the corner of the living/dining room. It should have and could have been MUCH bigger, to serve as desk etc. Also received a coupon for the free breakfast buffet in the restaurant; the buffet WAS basic, but OK.

I would suggest that as a Plat, you should be able to get a nice room or suite, equipped the way you need it, at this place. If you don't like what they give you, ask for something different. And if that doesn't work, vote with your feet and your wallet.