FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott CEO Asks Unhappy Members To Hold Tight, Platform Is Stabilized
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:02 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by jeanie
I just saw this article from the NY Times. I found this quote at the end of the article interesting.

Marriott’s Merger of Hotel Rewards Programs Tests Members’ Loyalty

Interesting article. In some ways, its good to see how the outside world of ordinary travelers sees this. From my view, the account combination as someone with a complicated account with 125-150 nights a year has been complete for 3-4 weeks now so they seem to suggest all is well.

On the other hand, it feeds the theme that SPG members are disgruntled and integration of accounts is all there is to it. In reality, the reservation system is a mess and some hotels are ignoring or confused regarding program benefits. Obviously, the reporter doesn't travel much or, if so, make her own reservations. As for the analyst, he can't be receiving any numbers Marriott hasn't otherwise released so I question whether he has any material information regarding reservations. The 10Q will be out this month so we'll see.

Last edited by C17PSGR; Oct 8, 2018 at 9:33 pm