FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pier and Wing F lounges
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:38 pm
skunker

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by s115
A few questions for everyone and a specific for skunker, OWE here flying DOH HKG SYD return early next year. 9 hr layover on the way back.
- I used a F lounge with cabanas previously in 2012, which lounge was this? the pier or the wing? - I understand one is new?
- Do all CX F/J lounges have the ability to store a carryon bag? - love to head into the city
- skunker - is this because you have cleared security to go through to board your connecting flight and you now want to exit, then re enter through public channels later on?
- Any other way to store a carryon bag and make a HKG city visit an easier experience?
When I did it, it didn't seem to be a pain for anyone. I was connecting onto AA so I went to the airline service desk near the front of the terminal. I explained what I wanted to do, she called someone and then asked where my passport is from. I told her US and she then walked me to a special elevator near the QF lounge and down to the immigration level. We showed the guard my passport and boarding pass and he said OK. I waited in line like everyone else and immigration took 30 seconds once it was my turn. Again, this was last November.

I was told only the J Pier lounge had baggage lockers.