FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enough is enough - Bye bye BA - I'm out
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:30 pm
dougzz

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Slightly OT, but yes ... a lot of difference beween a pure TP run and a TP-efficient holiday! Currently looking at a LON-PHL-DCA with AA to visit friends in VA, generating a few more TPs than a simple LHR-IAD with BA. We have the time to meander to where we’re going, and can choose different airlines that go where we want to be.
It's the easiest way to TP by my thinking too, although I confess I did once do MAN-SAT via PHL and PHX to get a second 140TP leg on the USA connection.

Funny you mention this particular route, for Washington DC JFK/PHL/BOS would be my choice anyway to arrive at DCA, rather than IAD. I did BWI last time, just to get a 787 and do something different, nice airport to arrive at in the evening for smooth border/customs, but the public transport options are not good with the BA arrival time. MARC trains very limited in the evening, Amtrak seemed to require booking a specific train, ended up on the bus to Greenbelt and then metro. Got the sense that the bus took some sort of scenic route.