FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status benefits when flying Edelweiss (WK) under LX flight number
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:50 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Lounge access is a yes as status is honored (Sen and *G can access Sen lounge, FTL can acess BUS lounge) I have not yet reached HON or flown with one on EDW to confirm access to the FCL but I am very sure it is possible and comes with all the perks like limo tranfer etc.

All Business Seats are available to anybody, there are no preffered seats (you need to reserve them on the Edelweiss website though which can be a little confusing because you only need name and flight number to make it andit lookslikea new booking with cost 0 (but it works). So be quick as the Throne seats are gone fast.

Booking guarantee? No idea.

Outstation service is most probably the sameas for every other EDW J pax. Unless Edw pays for it, most probably not. As far as I knkw Edw does not offer that service at any airport in the world. And most times Edw has different check-in counters than LH/LX or other star alliance carriers at outstations so no luck getting the service like that.
Lounge access is also not sure and unless Edelweiss pays a contract lounge or there is a Star alliance branded non contract lounge that allows entry to *A status pax on *A flights, there is none. Contract lounge of other *A carriers only allow pax in that or on those airlines flights. Last time checked there was no lounge in TPA. (Fun side note: In Rak one does get Lounge access with Edw, but not with Lx!)

Finally my years of experience on flying EDW help somebody on FT.