FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:42 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
i think it has been well established on the $250 resort credit thread that an advance purchase rate on a U.S. property won't generate the credit but room charges will.

Surprised there is that much of a difference in the prepaid rate but factor in the $26 F & B credit at the Tropicana in your calculation.
I didn't know there was a resort credit thread, I"ll look there, thanks.

If I'm not getting the resort credit on a prepay stay I'll just stay at the HGVC on Karen or a harrah;s property . Even with the resort credit factored in, the HGVC is probably a little cheaper than the Trop's non prepaid (hopefully rates will come down). The HGVC's pool is open until 10 and it's a lot more convenient or if I stay at a Harrah's property I won't have to pay the resort fee (they waive it for their diamonds) and I don't care about free breakfast since I'm with friends and we'll be burning Harrah's points at buffets.