FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expense management/reporting tools [consolidated threads]
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:08 am
ajGoes

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Simpler alternative to Expensify

I'm an occasional Expensify user. I like its receipt-scanning and OCR features and its Android app integration, and I find it reasonably easy to put together an expense report. I don't like its utterly mystifying user interface and I find its "Concierge" feature really annoying -- cheery greetings from robots just rub me the wrong way.

My account is set up to be billable only in months where I actually use it. I noticed I'd been billed for three months when I had no activity, and once I figured out how to raise an issue in the Concierge page, I got a reply saying "It looks like you have Scheduled Submit enabled, which has resulted in your Expensify monthly receipt being added to your most recent Open Report. Unfortunately, this has been counted as billable activity - even though you may not have physically used Expensify on your end!" I've written back asking how to disable that feature, which I can't find with a quick trawl through the menus. [EDIT] Writing this inspired me to look again. I found and disabled the feature.

They say they're refunding the three months, though one message makes me suspect this is going to show up as a credit which it may take me quite a while to use up.

I'd be delighted to make this the last straw and abandon the system if I could find a simple replacement. All I want is the ability to snap receipts with my phone, import and, ideally, OCR them, and compile the results into reports. If someone can recommend an alternative that costs no more than my Expensify account (currently $8.33 for each active month), I'd love to give it a try.

Any suggestions?