FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:56 am
Silver Fox
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
UA949 LHR-SFO was not as smooth as I would have hoped for. It may have been compounded by the fact that the night before we had got a text saying there were crew issues, that the flight would be about an hour late, and we got a very late gate (B36) and once we had got there only the signs were lit up for BG 3/4/5. We also had to wait for the "security" team to arrive and do their setting up. I spoke to the GS supervisor who said that they would be following the new order. They still did not light the signs up as to where Pre, BG1/2 should go by the time I had gone through. People just milled in no order at all. It wasn't chaos, but it was a bit of an undignified scrum I have to say, but at the moment it does not feel a graceful solution if this is how it will be from now on. So, I don't really feel as though I have experienced the new process properly yet but I will say there was about 3 GS, and a whole shedload of 1K.