FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:11 pm
cerealmarketer

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds

Not finding fault with your guess, it’s certainly plausible. But results are what matter and what people and companies should be judged by. How they did or didn’t get there isn’t the customer’s problem.

My experience to date is still hit and miss, and like all things United, I figure it will all find some equilibrium in several month’s time. But what strikes me is how well they seem to have the “Lane 1 / Lane 2” part down. That has been fairly uneventful. That was the more complicated part of all this, and interestingly enough, the part they tested thoroughly.
Yes re Lane 1 / 2 - one possibility is that was considered the only objective of the testing. It impacts the most passengers and its remarkable how they were able to change the group 3-5 behavior.

Which could have brought them to - do we do two rollouts and delay the 1K / gold benefit, delay it all to test preboard for the 10% of pax, or roll out the preboard at the same time.

Reading comments on the DL forum of their scattered rollout of old UA style lanes makes this look even smoother.

GS pax shouldn’t be playing boarding compliance officer but addressing that with the right pause to keep eager 1Ks at bay among the minority of rogue agents seems a lot less complex than the changes they ultimately implemented for groups 3-5.